If your sex drive and function are not meeting your standards, there is help available. Low libido and sexual dysfunction do not have to be a normal part of aging. You can’t control your age but what you can do, is control the sexual response of your body. Taking care of your body should always be your first priority. Sexual satisfaction is an important aspect of life. It makes a person’s life complete in more than one way.
At Alpha Hormones®, we understand that the sexual response has both brain and genital components. Libido and the experience of orgasm is a brain function. Neurotransmitters involved include sex steroids, serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, and melanocortin all play an important in your sexual wellness. We offer custom compounded solutions to improve sexual dysfunction for both men and women. Our treatment protocol can be used in conjunction to help with erectile dysfunction, vaginal dryness, low libido, and other sexual dysfunctions.
As low libido or decreased sex drive has become a very common problem for today’s generation, you can achieve the full sexual potential of your body using the right type of medications. Not every medication is effective and beneficial. A single dose of wrong medication can affect your life very negatively, while a proper treatment of effective medicine can improve the quality of your life.
What causes sexual problems in men and women?
There are several different causes as to why your body loses its sexual appeal. Whether you are a man or woman, reasons like psychological wellbeing, hormonal imbalance, or underlying medical conditions that can drastically affect your sexual wellness. Libido is a very specific term that addresses all kinds of “sexual desires” of both genders. No matter what are the reasons for your decreased libido, certain sexual wellness medications are great for all-in-all improvement of your sex life.
As women age, perimenopause, menopause, postmenopause, child birth, and other life changes can affect their libido. This can put a strain on relationships and quality of life. In addition to diet and lifestyle changes, customized compounds such as Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) and vitamin supplements can enhance sex drive. Creams, gels, pellets, and patches are just a few of the delivery method options available.
For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) can take a toll on their sex drive. Low testosterone, prostate problems, certain medications, stress, and anxiety can all affect ED. While traditional medications are beneficial for some men, they are not as effective for others. Customized medications can be adjusted to meet your individual needs. Both oral medications and injectables are available for ED, along with complementary treatments.
At Alpha Hormones®, we offer evidence based medicine and effective solutions to improve sexual function.
After a lot of research-based on numerous studies and experiments, we have shortlisted five essential compounds that can be used as sexual wellness medications.
- Scream Cream is a topical cream made of L-Citrulline, Aminophylline, Ergoloid Mesylate, and Pentoxifylline. The primary mechanism of action is substantial vasodilation to the area of application which increases sensitivity. It has been reported that only ~25% of women achieve orgasm from sexual intercourse, and even with clitoral stimulation that number only increases to 43%. Women have reported adding Scream Cream significantly increased libido, intensity of orgasm, and also vaginal lubrication. We can also add testosterone, sildenafil, and L-Arginine cream to the mix to help with arousal and libido.
- Tadalafil (Cialis), a Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) Inhibitor like sildenafil (Viagra), has proven to be one of the most effective compounds against erectile dysfunction (ED). Studies have shown great improvement in overall sex drives in male as well as female subjects. It is available in the form of tablets that can be taken orally. Tadalafil is great for the sexual wellness of people as it can:
- Increase sex drive
- Boost sexual desires
- Promote sexual arousal
- Stimulate sexual orgasm
- Provide sexual satisfactionIt works by increasing nitric oxide in men and by relaxing vaginal smooth muscles in women. This results in increased blood flow in vaginal vessels and induces sensitized arousal that helps to achieve orgasms.¹
- Apomorphine is a well-known drug effective against decreased sex drive and arousal. It acts as a dopaminergic agonist which means it binds and activates the dopamine receptor sites within the brain to stimulate sexual functions. It enhances the effects of dopamine receptors present in the hypothalamus which gives a greater sexual response by amplifying neurological signals. Like Apomorphine, Tadalafil is a proven ED medication and its effects are cumulative and improve with daily use. For females, Tadalafil orally can be effective to increase sexual desire, sexual arousal, sexual orgasm and sexual satisfaction. It not only increases nitric oxide in the corpus cavernosum of men, but in women it also results in the relaxation of clitoral and vaginal smooth muscle and increased blood flow in these sites, a normal step in arousal and necessary to achieve orgasm.²Apomorphine can be taken as a sublingual oral tablet that acts as an erectogenic agent. It helps in penile erections as it affects the hypothalamus to produce the necessary sex hormones. It is indirectly involved in triggering a cascade of reactions that ultimately result in stimulating erection which remains maintained for approximately 20 minutes.²
- Oxytocin is pretty popular for being the “Love Hormone” because it basically controls all things related to intimacy. It is a neuropeptide molecule that regulates sexual moods, weight management and other secondary activities.³During intimate times, the body produces more oxytocin to induce sexual arousals in men as well as women. Changes in Oxytocin levels can cause various sexual dysfunctions. According to research, it has been proved that the exogenous administration of Oxytocin hormone has been helpful in improving libido and sexual satisfaction. Oxytocin directly impacts orgasm intensity as well as frequency by affecting the intimate bonding between two partners.³Oxytocin can be administered in the form of sublingual oral medicines or intranasal sprays. It provides an immediate effect in increasing the sexuality and affection between partners.
- PT-141 (Bremelanotide)PT-141, also called Bremelanotide, provides an efficacious treatment of ED in men when PDE5 medication (i.e., Cialis, Viagra, and Levitra) doesn’t work well. Recently, the FDA approved Vyleesi (bremelanotide) to treat acquired, generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women. It is known to increase women sexual gratifying experiences by 50%.⁴PT-141 has a direct effect on sexual activities of the body as it enhances libido and induces sexual arousals. In men, PT-141 aids and promotes penile erections. Unlike other compounds like PDE5 inhibitors, PT-141 targets the nervous system instead of the vascular system. It activates neurons that increase the sexual desires of both men and women (who have not reached menopause).⁴PT-141 is found to be 80% effective, even in people who don’t show much improvement with Viagra or Cialis treatments. PT-141 is available as subcutaneous injections or nasal sprays. Some common side effects observed during intake of PT-141 are stretching of muscles, yawning, and nausea.⁴
Synergistic Effect of Combo Medications
Tadalafil and Apomorphine are often used in combination to provide essential libido-enhancing treatment for both men as well as women. Apomorphine alone is found effective in 43% of men but in combination with Tadalafil, the treatment goes a long way.⁵
The combination of Tadalafil, Oxytocin, and PT-141 also provides a practical solution for all problems related to low libido. Their synergistic effects are more pronounced than singular impact therefore, the combination helps to increase penile erection, energy, sensuality, arousals, and orgasm. It also prevents premature ejaculation and significantly lowers performance anxiety.⁵
Knowing the sensitivity of the matter, we completely understand the importance of privacy for each client. That’s why we offer HIPAA compliant telehealth consultation and discreet medication package delivery for our clients. Our unique treatment protocol can help treat low libido, erectile dysfunction (ED), vaginal dryness, and other sexual dysfunctions. To improve men and women’s quality of life, sexual health needs to be addressed as part of the overall wellness. Schedule appointment with a physician at Alpha Hormones® and satisfy your sexual wellness today.
- Brock GB, McMahon CG, Chen KK et al. Efficacy and safety of tadalafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: results of integrated analyses. J Urol 2002; 168: 1332 – 6
- Lal S, Ackman D, Thavundayil JX, Effect of apomorphine, a dopamine receptor agonist, on penile tumescence in normal subjects. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 1984;8(4-6):695–9
- Andrea Burri, Markus Heinrichs, et al. The acute effects of intranasal oxytocin administration on endocrine and sexual function in males, Psychoneuroendocrinology, Volume 33, Issue 5, June 2008, Pages 591-600.
- Stanley E. Althof, Michael A. Perelman, Raymond C. Rosen et al. Improvement in Sexual Relationship Satisfaction, Confidence, and Self-Esteem in Erectile Dysfunction Patients Treated with Bremelanotide.” The Journal of Urology, 177(4S), pp. 344–345
- Hatzimouratidis K, Hatzichristou DG. A comparative review of the options for treatment of erectile dysfunction: which treatment for which patient? Drugs 2005; 65(12): 1621–50