Be More Energetic, Stay Active, And Live Well
Testosterone is the most powerful androgen that is derived from the Greek words for “man-maker.” As men age, the inner workings of the human body and testosterone levels decline. This contributes to bone calcium declines, muscle mass decreases, body fat increases, and cognition slows down. Red blood cell counts also decline. The average man becomes less energetic and less sexually active. As all this occurs, testosterone levels are falling. Total testosterone levels fall by about 1% a year starting around age 30, while free testosterone, the form that does the hormone’s work, falls about 2% a year.
A simple blood test is the best way to check your hormone levels. We will issue a lab requisition. Our physician can then review the results with you and create a customized treatment plan if hormone replacement is warranted.
Nearly all men with hypogonadism have total testosterone levels below 300 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL), free testosterone levels below 5 ng/dL, and bioavailable testosterone levels below 150 ng/dL. But since hormone levels fluctuate widely during the course of the day, blood should be drawn between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. for greatest accuracy.
Our goal is to optimize your testosterone levels to the highest quartile in the reference range rather wait for you to drop below 300 ng/dL. More importantly, we go by your clinical presentation and how you feel. This will help you reach your optimal health and set you up for success.
We practice evidence based medicine. We are all about optimal health and improving your well being so you can be the best version of yourself.
We have several treatment options for TRT that suit your needs. Our physician will work with you to see what’s best for you. Transdermal creams and gels work well and are well-absorbed in most men and are the most common testosterone replacement method. Testosterone injection is the most effective replacement method, and we highly recommend this method. You can easily do it yourself at home. We will teach you how to do it.
Whenever you use testosterone, you do so at the risk of decreasing fertility. If you are a client under 40 years old, you should consider using clomiphene and/or human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG).
Optimizing testosterone levels will be most effective if you also incorporate proper lifestyle, nutrition, dietary restrictions, and exercise.
This testosterone optimization process is EASIER than going to your doctor’s office. It’s ultra-convenient!
1. Book Appointment and start your initial consultation. We then discuss your unique wellness plan in real time that includes diet, exercise guidance, lifestyle modification support, and motivation.
2. Take your lab requisition and complete your diagnostic tests at Quest or LabCorp before 11am. We also have at-home diagnostic tests or we can have a mobile phlebotomist draw your blood and collect lab samples at your home for an additional cost. Moreover, we can review and see whether we can use your previous lab results.
3. View and discuss your detailed test report within one week during your follow-up consultation. If treatment is indicated, you will receive patient education on how to use your medication as we establish your direct-to-home shipments or e-prescribe to your local pharmacy.
4. Begin at-home treatment and continue your follow-up visits via telehealth or in-person at our clinic.
5. Start living your life to the fullest.
“It’s a GAME CHANGER with Alpha Hormones®!”
There Is No Better Time Than Now
Most patients experience no major side effects while on testosterone except for the added benefits of the therapy. However, adverse reactions do occur and are easy to correct.
Some major side effects include increase red blood cells, gynecomastia (rare), acne, fluid retention (rare), possible accelerate male pattern hair loss (if client has genetic predisposition), and decrease sperm count (infertility).
At Alpha Hormones®, we will closely monitor your health during your follow-up visits. If necessary, we will adjust your therapy and treat the side effects if they occur.
We are here to dispel some myths about testosterone therapy. According to Morgentaler et al. Mayo Clinic Proceedings Consensus Recommendation:
Our comprehensive program includes: initial & follow-up consultations, blood test, access to your personalized nutrition and exercise plans, and testosterone plus supplies with free delivery.